What does “Being Intentional” mean?
Being intentional is the fact of being deliberate with all that you do. It is about bringing a commitment, focus and attention to something important to you.
How can one be intentional?
- Getting clarity on what you want and understanding what’s most important to you.
- Become action-oriented and create an unshakeable determination to accomplish what you’ve set out to achieve.
Importance of being intentional.
- It helps us understand the importance and purpose of our bigger vision.
- It helps us to align our purpose and vision with an action plan to achieve our goals.
- It increases the value of our most important relationships and brings deeper meaning to them.
- It aids in reducing stress.
Intentionality in workspace
- Plan your day, and if possible plan your week also.
- Understand that being intentional doesn’t mean being perfect. It gives you the right direction towards your end goal.
- Cut through the noise to be more present.
- Lead with kindness in every interaction by constantly seeking to “leave people better”.
- Practice more on giving praise or showing appreciation to your colleagues when they do even the slightest thing for you like thanking them for sending you that link you needed, etc.
- Clarity is kindness. Create as much clarity as possible for the person on the other side of the table.
- Be conscious of your own time and energy to respect others.
- Create spaces for building trust with team members.
Intentionality in Relationships
Always listen and ask questions:
Genuinely listen to those you are with, ask questions about their day, and see if there is anything you can do to help. Relationships make our world go round. Be intentional with the relationships you value. Be intentional about asking your loved ones about their day and what is going on in their lives.
Intentionality in Learning
Always stay “Hungry” – hungry to learn and hungry for life:
Be intentional with learning new things and strive for personal excellence and fulfillment. Challenge yourself to find value in the life you live and learn new things at the same time.
Intentionality in Life
Celebrate your life and your accomplishment:
Be intentional about celebrating your accomplishment or purpose by rewarding yourself. Treat yourself to something that you enjoy, get that massage, eat that sumptuous meal you have been longing for, watch that movie, take that nap, or go out and have a drink with friends.
Our intention creates our reality. ~ Wayne Dyer
In conclusion, intentionality is crucial for career success and life fulfillment. We only get one shot at the life we live, which means we only have one chance with those relationships that we love and nurture, the careers we work so hard to build, and the vacations we deserve to enjoy. When you focus on being intentional every day, you feel clearer, more capable, and more confident.
Remember, you always have a choice! Choose intentionality over everything. By being intentional, you will succeed in whatever you are trying to accomplish.